The Institute of Directors Nigeria (IoD) recognises that the health of Directors is key to achieving set objectives. Thus, “Walk for Life” programme is put in place for directors as an event that provides opportunities for regular physical exercise and body fitness activities. It takes directors off the usual sedentary life, which is recognised as a major cause of serious illnesses ranging from obesity (overweight) to heart conditions. IoD Nigeria organises “Walk for Life” quarterly in a year to encourage directors embrace walking as a way of raising their fitness level.
IoD Nigeria Postpones "Walk For Life" Programme
In the light of the COVID-19 pandemic and the recent directives from the Federal and State Governments on social distancing and restrictions of movement, IoD Nigeria regret to inform members that the "WALK FOR LIFE" Programme, which is scheduled to hold on Saturday, 18 April 2020 has been postponed indefinitely.
The Institute will communicate a new date for the programme, as soon as it is safe to do so.
In the meantime, let us all endeavour to be safe by following these guidelines:
- Frequent hand washing.
- Avoid touching your face, eyes, nose and mouth.
- Adhere to the social distancing principles and guidelines as advised by health authorities.
- Use hand sanitizer as required.
- Use of protective equipment like face mask and gloves, when necessary.
- Sneeze and/or cough into your elbow.
- Avoid undue direct contact with animals.
- Do not travel if you are sick or go to an endemic region.
- Ensure the proper cooking of food items before consumption.
- Always implement frequent cleaning and disinfection of surfaces and objects.
We regret any inconvenience the postponement might cause you.