FRESH WIDE PERSPECTIVE (FWP), 2021
THEME: Board’s Role in Succession Planning
DATE: November 1- 4, 2021
VENUE: Washington DC, USA
Every organization and boards go through transition periods when either an executive or non-executive member of the board steps down. Though, there are established practices that guide boards’ renewal, transition processes for executive management vary from one organization to the other. In all these, the strategic role of emplacing an effective succession plan for an organisation rests squarely with the board. Succession Planning, which is also known as Talent-Pool Management provides leadership pipeline and ensures that board members, management teams and employees are prepared for higher roles in the short and long run.
This programme is specially packaged to sharpen the competencies of participants in the techniques for developing and operating effective succession plans to ensure a seamless leadership transition, which is critical to organisational success, stability and sustainability. It is a specially designed programme that offers research based Fresh Wide Perspectives (FWP) on the worrisome subject of succession planning.
At the end of the programme, participants will be able to
* Discuss the strategic nature of boards’ role in succession planning
* Explain processes and practices involved in succession planning
* Manage better the attendant risks in succession planning, especially that of talent and change management
* Profile techniques for continual board renewal, as well as smooth executive management transitions, as the need arises
* Assess a succession plan and determine its capability to achieve desired goals
* Succession Planning as Board’s Strategic Role in Organisational Success and Sustainability
* Boards’ Governance Principles, Processes and Practices that facilitate Effective Succession Planning
* Managing the 3 Pillars of Succession – Risk, Change and Talent
* How Boards Develop the Executive and Non-executive Leadership Pipelines for Smooth Succession
* Achieving Seamless Executive Succession in an Organisation: What High Performing CEOs Do
* Evaluating Board’s Succession Plan: Critical Elements to Assess
Chairmen, CEO, Executive Directors, Non-Executive Directors, , Members of Boards, Company Secretaries, Consultants to boards, Boards Advisors Directors of HR and HR Consultants, General Managers with cognate status for HR responsibilities, business owners, investors and shareholders in family, private and public firms. Top government functionaries: Ministers, Commissioners, Permanent Secretaries, officials in the Director Cadre, Chairmen and members of Boards of government Parastatals and Agencies.
The Course fee is $3,750 (Three Thousand, Seven Hundred and Fifty Dollars) only. The fee covers tuition, training materials, delivery, visitation and tours, breakfast and lunch, with IoD Nigeria’s Certificate of Attendance.
However, IoD Nigeria can also help participants to process their 2 years American VISA and for anyone interested, the course fee will be $4,350 (Four Thousand, Three Hundred and Fifty Dollars) Only
Participants are fully responsible for their flight and accommodation.
To be guaranteed of slots within the maximum number of delegates programmed for the class, participants that have VISA are enjoined to register on or before August 20, 2021 while those that want IoD Nigeria to handle their VISA processing must register on or before July 16, 2021. All payments should be made in the name of the Institute of Directors Nigeria to Zenith Bank Account, Dollars (5071133426)
Please scan and send copies of your payment teller and registration form to email@example.com 07062148115 or firstname.lastname@example.org 08037658976
OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
DISCOUNT POLICY: 5% discount for 3-5 delegates from the same organisation
EARLY BIRD: Payment received on or before June 30, 2021 shall attract 5% discount.
CANCELLATION/POSTPONEMENT POLICY: For cancellation on which notification is duly communicated more than Ten (10) working days to the programme, administrative charge of 40% of the fee will be paid. Any notification less than Ten (10) working days to the programme attracts forfeiture of the fee paid.