VENUE: IoD Nigeria Secretariat, 28 Cameron Rd, Ikoyi, Lagos
DATE: July 22, 2021
The pace of change in the world of business has redefined the roles of many officeholders, including the Company Secretary. Unlike in the past when the office was perceived as clerical or merely secretarial, the Company Secretary's role is widely acknowledged today as very strategic to the achievement of Boards' objectives.
The Company Secretary is not only responsible for the effective and efficient administration of the Board, he/she also ensures that Board decisions are dutifully implemented. The company secretariat also ensures organisational compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements. In turn, the Board depends on the Company Secretary for guidance and advice on matters of corporate governance, as well as duties required of a director. In the light of this, it takes a competent Company Secretary who constantly hones his/her skills to be able to discharge the high quality services that are demanded of the office holders these days.
This programme is specially designed to keep the delegates up-to-date on their roles and responsibilities in the rapidly changing business landscape.
At the end of this programme, participants should be able to:
* Explain the broad roles and responsibilities of the Company Secretary
* Use the tools that facilitate the functionality of the Company Secretariat
* Apply mastery in managing stakeholders relationships
* Analyse and mitigate attendant strategic and operational risks of the function
* Discussand apply the skills that position the Company Secretary as Board’s trusted advisor
* The Company Secretary: Old Roles & New Responsibilities
* Positioning the Company Secretariat for Board Effectiveness: the Essentials
* The Company Secretary as Codes & Compliance Officer
* Best Practice in Managing the Board’s and Management’s Interests
* Managing Relationships and Information Flows with Stakeholders
* Contemporary Risks that attend the Company Secretariat’s Functions & How to Manage them
* Critical Board Secretariat Skills that Earn the Board’s Confidence
Company Secretaries, In-house Legal Counsels, Professional Advisers, Commercial Lawyers, Compliance Staff, Business Directors and those involved in supporting Boards such as Chief Risk Officers and Internal Audit Specialists, as well as that are responsible for company secretariat duties at Senior Management level
The Course fee is Members: N136,500 Non-Members; N157, 500 only.
All payments should be made in the name of the Institute of Directors Nigeria to this Stanbic IBTC account no. (9200723112)
Please scan and send copies of your payment teller and registration form to email@example.com 07062148115 or firstname.lastname@example.org 08037658976
OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
DISCOUNT POLICY: 2.5% discount for 3-5 delegates from the same organisation
CANCELLATION/POSTPONEMENT POLICY: For cancellation on which notification is duly communicated more than Ten (10) working days to the programme, administrative charge of 40% of the fee will be paid. Any notification less than Ten (10) working days to the programme attracts forfeiture of the fee paid. 12.5% of the fee will be forfeited in case of visa refusal with evidence.